Licensed Insurance Broker
(Personal and/or Commercial Lines)
Must have proven track record of successful insurance sales & current California P&C Insurance License. Sell Property& Casualty Insurance.
BIG plus if you have a current book of business.
- Attend meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
- Calculate premiums and establish payment method.
- Call on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries.
- Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy.
- Contact underwriter and submit forms to obtain binder coverage.
- Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
- Develop marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or companies who sell insurance.
- Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
- Inspect property, examining its general condition, type of construction, age, and other characteristics, to decide if it is a good insurance risk.
- Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage.
- Monitor insurance claims to ensure they are settled equitably for client.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
- Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
- Select company that offers type of coverage requested by client to underwrite policy.
- Sell various types of insurance policies to businesses and individuals on behalf of insurance companies, including automobile, fire, property, marine, farm, workers compensation, umbrella, bonds, homeowners, boat and more.
- Easy commute from 101 or 880
- Friendly, young, work environment
1630 Oakland Road, Suite A102
San Jose, California 95131